May is Stop the Bleed Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness and provide education on how to stop bleeding in an emergency situation. In life-threatening situations, time is of the essence and having the knowledge and tools to control bleeding can make a significant difference in saving a life.
At Marine Medical Solutions, we are dedicated to providing high-quality marine first aid training and products, including our Bleeding Control Kit, to help you be prepared for emergencies on land or at sea.
Learn how to stop the bleed with these simple steps
- Identify the bleeding point.
- Apply firm, direct pressure using hands or a pad over the bleeding point.
- If bleeding continues, apply a second pad and a tighter bandage.
- Check that the pad and bandage are correctly applied, directly over the bleeding.
- Apply firmer pressure using 1-2 pads over a small area if necessary.
- Remember to advise the person to lie down and remain still while restricting movement by immobilizing the bleeding limb. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
In addition to these steps, it’s important to have the right tools on hand in case of an emergency. The bleeding control kit from Marine Medical Solutions is a portable and effective way to quickly stop bleeding. The kit includes all the necessary supplies, including tourniquets, pressure dressings, and gauze. Make sure to keep a kit in your car, boat, or at home so that you’re prepared in case of an emergency.
Don’t wait until an emergency to learn how to Stop the Bleed. Enroll in our Marine First Aid Training Course at the Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club on May 20, 2023, and equip yourself with the knowledge and skills needed to respond to emergencies.
Book now at https://hearttraining.trainingdesk.com.au/enrol/new?cid=878547.
Take the first step in becoming prepared for emergencies, both on land and at sea, with Marine Medical Solutions.
Remember, stopping the bleed can save a life. Take the time to learn these steps and be prepared in case of an emergency.