The Ship Captain’s Medical Guide is intended primarily for use on ships and vessels where no doctor is carried and it is necessary to assess and treat injuries and to diagnose and treat ill health. The guide can also be recommended for use in other situations where professional medical advice is not readily available, for example on expeditions.
For the 23rd edition the guide has been comprehensively rewritten reflecting modern best practices.
- Flow charts to aid evaluation and treatment
- Clear, authoritative advice and easy-to-follow guidance
- Step-by-step illustrations to explain emergency procedures
- Quick-reference lists regarding history and examination
- Cross references to further detail
- Anatomical illustrations