Readiness made easy.
HeartSine connected AEDs use the power of Wi-Fi to provide remote readiness information and communicate outcomes of weekly self-tests for every AED in your fleet― reducing the expense and effort needed to manage your AED program.
AED not ready? Electrodes and battery out of date? LIFELINKcentral AED program manager monitors each HeartSine AED connected to a Wi-Fi network and alerts you to matters that may affect device readiness ― all automatically.
Integrated real time CPR feedback.
Clear visual and voice prompts guide the rescuer through the entire resuscitation process, providing specific feedback on the force and rate of compressions.
CPR feedback without additional requirements.
HeartSine’s CPR Advisor technology detects, via the defibrillator electrodes, the force and rate of CPR being provided, without the need for accelerometers or pucks.
Improve CPR delivery.
When no CPR is detected, continuous voice prompts help to improve hands-on time for CPR delivery.
Smaller and light at just 1.285 kg, the AED’s small compact footprint accommodates limited space in an office, plane or vehicle.
Clinically validated technology.
SCOPE biphasic technology, a low-energy escalating waveform that automatically adjusts for patient impedance.
High level of protection from dust and water.
An IP56 rating offers one of the highest ratings in the industry for protection against dust and water.
Low cost of ownership.
HeartSine defibrillators come with the practical Pad-Pak ― an integrated battery and electrode single-use cartridge with one expiration date, which simplifies AED maintenance. With a shelf life of four years from date of manufacture, the Pad-Pak may offer savings as it eliminates the need for separate battery and electrode replacements.
Free Pad-Pak program
Forward Hearts lets survivors of a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) event, in which a HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED) has been used, to pay it forward and potentially save another life by donating an AED to the organization of the survivor’s choice.
Stryker is committed to saving lives and making public access AEDs more readily available in the workplace and community. The donation of a defibrillator through the Forward Hearts program extends this lifesaving technology to even more people, offering many a better chance of survival in the case of sudden cardiac arrest. **
How the program works
When a HeartSine AED is used to save a life in a qualifying rescue, the sudden cardiac arrest survivor chooses an organization to receive a donated AED provided by Stryker on behalf of the survivor. The survivor can choose to make their donation to the organization anonymously or be part of a public announcement.
Does my event qualify for Forward Hearts?
- Event must be a sudden cardiac arrest to qualify
(Event is reviewed by HeartSine Clinical team, whose decision is final)
- Stryker must receive the original .evo event file (pdf file will not be accepted) and Customer Event Report form
- Patient must have survived until hospital admission
- AED must be used in a non-professional rescue
(Out of hospital, in a workplace or community setting by a layperson rescuer)
- Events in nursing homes, long-term care facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, law enforcement and fire departments are excluded from the program (but you are welcome to submit the data to us)
- Survivor must approve the donation (That is, the survivor must participate)
- Survivor must submit a signed Donation Details form
Where can I donate the AED?
- Any organization (non-profit or for profit) that is not a Stryker customer or a healthcare or medical company
- You may not choose to donate the AED to yourself, another individual, or any healthcare provider or medical professional
In the case of Sudden Cardiac Arrest, good CPR is essential to maintain the supply of oxygenated blood to the brain and other organs, as the first Defibrillator shock from an AED will not always bring about a return of spontaneous circulation.
About 70% of all CPR is ineffectively performed, so the HeartSine Samaritan 500P Defibrillator contains technology that determines whether your compressions are effective, electrically through the defibrillation pads.
Not only will voice prompts guide you through the process of defibrillation, but this device will tell you to “Push Harder” or whether you are doing “Good Compressions” during CPR – all based on real cardiac output (real blood flow).
Specially designed for use in public areas, the HeartSine Samaritan PAD 500P is a sophisticated semi-automatic defibrillator for adult or paediatric use, inside a lightweight and easy-to-operate system. The SAM 500P is a defibrillator designed to analyse heart rhythm and automatically deliver an electrical shock (if needed). Its advanced technology is balanced against the demands of effective CPR in real-world use.
The SAM 500P also uses HeartSine’s practical Pad-Pak™, which incorporates the battery and electrodes in a quick to replace single-use cartridge – meaning only one expiration date to monitor and only one item to replace after use. The SAM 500P is suitable for use on adults and children. For children younger than 8 years or weighing less than 25 kg (55 lbs), a Pediatric-Pak™ is available.
- 8-year warranty – The longest in the industry
- Free replacement Pad-pak after genuine use (conditions apply)
- IP56 Dust and Moisture ingress protection – the highest in the industry
- CPR Advisor for real-time feedback on the effectiveness of your compressions
- Software updates via USB
- Made in Ireland by the inventors of the first portable defibrillator
Investing in an AED is a great step forward because it can increase the chance of survival for witnessed Cardiac Arrest from 5% to 85% – when combined with the other links in the chain of survival. But most models on the market will leave you vulnerable on your ability to ensure good CPR. Even AED’s that claim to have CPR feedback technology do not have the ability to determine the effectiveness of your compressions – they simply are basing the feedback on how hard you are pushing. Now, unfortunately, there is a huge difference from individual to individual, with appropriate force and pressure required to perform effective compressions.
With the HeartSine Samaritan 500P Defibrillator’s world-leading CPR advisor technology, you make every second of your rescue efforts count. There are people alive today that have been saved by the 500p… and others who have the comforting knowledge that they did everything they could.
*FREE PAD-PAK EVENT QUALIFICATIONS
- Event must be a sudden cardiac arrest to qualify. (Event is reviewed by HeartSine Clinical team, whose decision is final.)
- Stryker must receive the original .evo event file (pdf file will not be accepted) and Customer Event Report form.
- AED must be used in a non-professional rescue (out of hospital, in a workplace or community setting by a layperson rescuer).
- Events in nursing homes, long-term care facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, and fire departments are excluded from the program (but you are always welcome to send the data to us).
- Devices used by law enforcement or in medical offices (doctor or dental) will be eligible to receive a maximum of two (2) free Pad-Paks per device per year.
**Report an event
To qualify for the Free Pad-Pak and/or Forward Hearts programs, after you have used a HeartSine samaritan PAD during a sudden cardiac arrest event you must provide Stryker with the Saver EVO file and a completed Customer Event Report form, both of which contain comprehensive event data about the SCA event. If you wish to participate in the Forward Hearts program, you must also submit a completed Donation Details form.
The event information is used by Stryker to measure the success of our AEDs and to continually improve our products to ensure the most optimum results.
There are no reviews yet.